Thursday, January 4, 2018

I am in Tatler Magazine!

I am very pleased to announce that I am being featured in the February 2018 issue of Tatler magazine (pictures will be below)!  Tatler magazine is a British magazine that is owned by Condé Nast Britain. “Tatler was founded in 1901 by Clement Shorter and focuses on fashion and lifestyle, as well as coverage of high society and politics. It is targeted towards the British upper-middle class and upper class, and those interested in social events.  In addition, its readership is the wealthiest of all Condé Nast's publications.”[1]
I thank God that I made it to Tatler and for obvious reasons I am grateful to be featured in such an iconic magazine.  One of the reasons (actually the biggest reason) why I am so grateful is because I get to be a positive role model for many young girls that are viewing Tatler. Tatler is known for being unapologetically posh. The posh lifestyle is not just a rich lifestyle. Being part of the posh club has also been known to only include those who are model-thin and white. Therefore, it was great when Tatler contacted me. They had seen a picture of my Beyoncé dress (since they are owned by the same company as Vogue) and wanted to include it in the February issue. It is amazing that I can add a diverse face to the posh lifestyle since  I am not a size zero and I have dark skin. It is great to know that when a girl who is not a size zero and/or who is a person of color reads Tatler they will see themselves in me. Every girl deserves to see themselves represented in the media!



This is the February 2018 issue that I am in. I am featured on page 124.















[1] “Tatler.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Dec. 2017, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatler.

No comments:

Post a Comment