Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Black in Vermont: Introduction to the Series

Introduction
Unless you are a follower on my Instagram account or my Facebook page you may not know that I went to law school in Vermont. Now, for you to truly understand what I will be speaking on you need to know some things about Vermont. Vermontis very rural and is also one of the whiteststates in the nation.  Therefore, it is not surprise that people of color in Vermont  will face many challenges including: discrimination, lack ofrepresentation,  racialdisparity, and plainold racism.  

Why I am creating a series titled, “Black in Vermont”
I love to help people! I noticed that I was getting many Instagram messages from black people who would be interning in Vermont etc. and did not know what to expect.No one is currently blogging about being black in Vermont. Since I grew up in Metro-Detroit it is hard for me to realize that most of the nation is NOTracially diverse.  So, even though I am writing about being black in Vermont, my tips and facts can be applied to anywhere in the nation.

What will I be blogging about?
I will not only be blogging about my experiences. I will be blogging about current events, answering questions, and giving advice on where to go to do your hair etc. I may even interview some people!  

How frequently will I be blogging about being black in Vermont?
I will try my best to make one post a week.

Summary of my experience while black in Vermont
I experienced several instances of racism and microagressions while I was in Vermont. All of this was very traumatic for me to process. However, I made lifelong friends, met amazing people, grew closer to God, matured immensely, and graduated on time! To say thanks to God would really be an understatement.  

Disclaimer
NOT EVERYONE IN VERMONT WAS RACIST!!!! There were many great people in that state and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to experience such a beautiful environment.  I am simply using my platform to help people. Feel free to ask me questions, be respectful, enjoy, and educate yourself!






No comments:

Post a Comment