Saturday, August 13, 2016

New York Fashion Week 2016

New York is one of my favorite cities and I have always dreamed of being in New York during New York Fashion Week (“NYFW”).  My first experience in The Big Apple was when I was a young child… too young to remember anything about this magical city. I interned in New York City in the summer of 2012 and made a promise to myself that the next time I went back it would be during NYFW. I ended up going back to New York City during September 2015 when NYFW was in session. Even though I attended Zuvaa's pop-up event, my thirst for NYFW was not quenched.  My prayers were answered on February 12th, 2016. On this day, I was able to attend Francesca Liberatore’s show (which was located at the Dock, Skylight at Moynihan Station).  I am so excited to share with all of you my full NYFW experience. Enjoy!

Kelechi Uchendu

Before the fashion show, I went to Sephora get my makeup done. I absolutely LOVE Sephora. I am a VIB Rouge at Sephora which means that I am eligible for unlimited free makeovers and other fun perks. I highly suggest that anyone who needs to get their makeup done go to Sephora. Even if you are not a VIB Rogue member, you can still receive a free makeover with a fifty-dollar purchase.
Kelechi Uchendu
The show started at 7 pm and I knew that the venue would fill up fast.  When I arrived, I noticed the volunteers were handing out custom NYFW magazines. While waiting in line I met the owner of  Gold GlamourElizabeth Dieudonne. She was so sweet! In addition to being a complete sweetheart, she is the definition of a gorgeous fashionista. Thankfully, we can all recreate her style by shopping at Gold Glamour. I also have a treat for you guys! I created a Pinterest board dedicated to Gold Glamour. This board not only features fashion from the boutique, but here, I share how I would wear certain pieces.
 Francesca Liberatore
This picture is of Francesca Liberatore. The designers always come out at the very end of the show once the models are done walking the runway. Watching the designers come out is one of my favorite parts of the show. I try to put myself in their shoes.  Francesca seemed very humble and down to earth and I most definitely respect her work.
Nigel Barker
As soon as the show was over security started to direct everyone out of the location. In the midst of the mayhem, I saw a handsome face that I could recognize a mile away, it was… Nigel Barker!  For those of you who do not know, Nigel Barker is a renowned photographer, but a lot of people (like myself) know him best from the television show, America’s Next Top Model.
NYFW
The countdown to this year’s NYFW is on! The shows begin September 8th and will run through September 15th.  Please comment below and tell me if you plan to attend NYFW and let me know who your favorite NYFW designers are.
CLICK HERE to watch a video I took of the show I attended last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment