Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Kay Kay's Two Cents: Colin Kaepernick Taking a Seat but Standing for Justice

Image result for colin kaepernick


I support Colin Kaepernick! In addition  to supporting this brave brother, I also support veterans in this nation and around the world. With that being said I must say that this man NEVER disrespected the military or our veterans (and he addresses the claim that he disrespected veterans in one of the videos below). He is refusing to stand up during the national anthem because he wants to protest against police brutality and other forms of structural racism in this nation NOT to disrespect the military or veterans. Yes, we all know that the man is getting some coins. However, just because he has money does not mean he cannot be an activist. For example, I am fortunate enough to have food on the table and come from an upper-middle class background. If I speak out about the issue of hunger in Detroit and then donate money to GleanersCommunity Food Bank NOBODY would tell me that I have food so I should not speak out on the issue of hunger… that would be STUPID!!!! I think that it is commendable to use your money and platform to help others. I encourage you all to watch the videos below because they really sum up how I feel!!!! Now Tomi Lahren... SHUT UP and HAVE SEVERAL SEATS










No comments:

Post a Comment