Sunday, January 22, 2017

Kay Kay's Two Cents: The Women's March


Disclaimer: There are many informational links sprinkled throughout this post... CHECK THEM OUT!


Hello! Unless you have been living under a rock, you have probably heard that women have been marching all over the nation.  I am definitely here for the movement and I will explain why. I consider myself a feminist. A feminist is someone who is working to advance ALL woman... not just the interests of women who belong to ALL of these three categories: white, straight, and cisgender. The movement featured women of ALL backgrounds and clearly encouraged and celebrated the discussion of intersectionality (I will link a video below that explains what this is). Therefore, I did not agree with the black men and women who said that the movement was part of the white supremacy agenda etc.  I definitely condemn fake feminists like Lena Dunham who only care about white women who are straight and cisgender and who love to put down black men, but this movement was none of that at all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment