Thursday, October 5, 2017

National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month: Insecure Bullies


Hello! This post is part of my series for National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month. If you have not seen my original post them please CLICK HERE and read it! This post is going to be relatively quick, but= the message will hopefully enlighten my high school and younger readers. This post is about how bullies are insecure people. I remember when I was in high school, there were a group of popular teens that were very snobby, racist, and would bully other people. As a teen, I (like many others at my high school) subconsciously or consciously respected these people and looked up to them. It never occurred to me that these people were deeply insecure and problematic. Looking back as an adult I can now see what should have been painfully obvious to me them—people who bully are not content with themselves…they have the lowest self-esteem out of everyone.  No one who is comfortable with themselves would waste their time bullying someone else. I will even take that statement a step further and say that even many people with low self-esteem would not waste their time bullying other people. People that bully need to feel superior to someone or something and they think that by bullying people it makes them superior. So, the next time you see a bully or are being bullied just remember that the bully does not have it together AT ALL. This is not someone who you need to care about in any capacity so just go along your day being the amazing person you are! 



No comments:

Post a Comment