Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kay Kay's Two Cents














So, all this talk about nails and spas in my previous post got me thinking that I should do a public service announcement . NOT ALL SALONS ARE EQUAL !!!This is especially true when it comes to nail salons. You don't want to risk getting an infection ( which would bite) :(   so listen to my tips on how to avoid being a spa or salon victim . 

  1.  When possible read reviews. Yelp.com is a pretty good place for reviews
  2.  You get what you pay for. I'm not saying that you should break the bank , but in general those 10 dollar manicure places in the malls don't cut it . Many of them are very lax on cleanliness. 
  3. Ask how they stay sanitary  . The salon should use professional strength cleaners and for waxing they should not be double for waxing. Also, for paraffin nail treatments  they should not be doubling dipping as well. For example , I went to a cheap nail place at the mall and they told me to stick my hand in a paraffin bowl that they use for everyone .... eww!!!!!!
  4. The environment Should be Sterile. When you go to a salon it should feel super clean . A good example of this is Ten over Ten salon in Manhattan New York . It is a hot nail salon , but is suppperrr clean.

Now don't freak out or get scared these are just tips . Oh and you can thank me later  ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment