Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Birth of a Nation (NO SPOILERS)

Image result for birth of a nation


Last week I saw  The Birth of Nation starring Nate Parker. This film is about the Nat Turner slave rebellion.  This is an amazing film!!!! I am so proud of Nate Parker for raising the money for this film as well. This film is not watered down at all. I suggest that anyone watching this film bring kleenex. 


















Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review.  Those who are boycotting this movie due to Parker's past rape charge (which he was acquitted ) need to stop. I do not condone sexual assault etc. However, I find it racist and sad that nobody boycotts other white actors and directors who have been accused of sexual assault (example, Woody Allen) but has a problem with this man. Finally, Parker has been acting in several movies for a long time and no one talked about the rape charge. I honestly think that bringing this up now (since it was never brought up by the media even though it was  public record) is to discourage the public  from seeing such an unapologetically black film

No comments:

Post a Comment