Friday, October 14, 2016

FashionSpeak 2016



Description of the event (taken from the Facebook group) 

"Presented by Taubman and brought to you by Detroit Garment Group (DGG), this one-day conference, taking place October 13, 2016, is the only fashion conference in Michigan. The event will bring together nationally recognized experts in five fields crucial to the success of the fashion industry, each conducting a 70-minute workshop, all centered around the business of fashion." 

"DGG's conference mission is "Keep Michigan Talent in Michigan". We achieve that goal by giving both students and professionals the tools, education and resources to be better business owners. The first conference, which took place October 2013, quickly sold out, with more than 200 people in attendance. The following year, we moved to OneWoodward, a fun, modern spot that allowed for a larger crowd. That conference, as well as 2015's, also sold out, so be sure to get your ticket(s) early!"

"Attendees receive top-notch education, insight and advice during the 70-minute workshops that include plenty of time for Q&A, a favorite of all who attend the conference. Attendees include fashion and accessories designers, photographers, bloggers, wardrobe stylists, fashion retailers, students, and more.
"


My experience 

This was my first time attending FashionSpeak and it certainly will not be my last! I learned so much that I will definitely implement in my life. I am not going to lie, I was exhausted by the time I left because I was taking notes and making sure that I really soaked up the knowledge. Finally, I have to say that it was really cool to see so many well-dressed professionals and students in one room! Fashionistas for life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment