Wednesday, March 20, 2013

How to Make Your Dreams Come True!!!!!!!!

Have you ever wanted something? Have you ever had a dream that you just can't wake up from? It could be that you wanted to become a writer, a singer, or even a fashion model. Well, I am going to tell you my story ( a really condensed version lol ) of how my dreams came true and then I will tell you how yours can too!

When I was a little girl I used to pack my bags and pretend that I was going on an adventure. I had always dreamed of seeing the world, but back then that was just a fairy tale. When I was a little girl I used to talk of becoming a lawyer, but back then that seemed unreachable . When I was a little girl I dreamed of being confident and beautiful, but I was far from it lol! Flash forward to the present and I have been to every continent ( even Antarctica) except for Asia. Flash forward to the present and I will be starting law school in the fall, and would have graduated from Michigan State University a year early with great grades. Flash forward to the present and I know I am beautifully and wonderful made and will not even tolerate anybody questioning that. There is no easy road to take if you want your dreams to come true but here are the tips that have helped me :

  1. Be a go getter. A lazy man shall not eat. If you want something you will have to put in some sort of effort. To get into law school I had to study and make good grades. Be prepared to work. 
  2. Dream big or go home. Let your imagination run wild. When I was in New York city I said that I was going to see many celebrities... and I did. I met Snoop Dogg, sat in the front row of talks shows  and even appeared on national television. Though this is a silly example it just shows that if you dream big your wish  will come true.
  3. Don't Settle. Why eat crumbs off of the floor when you can wait five more minutes and then dine with kings.
  4. Ignore the haters. Its not their life anyway . 
  5. Speak faith. I would pray that God would do for me beyond my wildest dreams. Speak life and faith and it will manifest. Words are powerful. 
  6. Don't give up. It took me till now to see ( just the beginning) of my dreams so stay positive. 




                                     Dreams by the Cranberries. This song is so relevant to this post.








Several years ago Gabrielle Douglas would have never dreamed that she would hold a gold medal and fly into the hearts of many. Today she is a celebrity, living out her dream.






No comments:

Post a Comment