Saturday, March 16, 2013

Life Tips: Taking the High Road

Hey guys! So, for the last couple of days I have been on bed rest. I had a viral nasal thing ( I have mild asthma) and I went to see the doctor today. Well usually I go to the Olin Health Center when on Michigan State's Campus, but today I decided to go to another clinic ( that shall remain unnamed) that is close to where I live since Olin was closed and I thought this place would be quicker. I was so wrong. It took me about two hours to see a doctor ( when I was told it would take 30 minutes) . Also, the nurse was so rude ,she couldn't even hide the fact that she couldn't care less and don't get me started on the condescending doctor, and don't even get me started on the grumpy bus driver lol . All of this made me really irritated. Despite this, I still remained polite, but it got me thinking . I was clearly not feeling all that great, so of course the rude attitudes I encountered today did not help me . I , however, have learned not to let other people's actions influence how you view yourself. I love to watch Dr. Phil and he said if  someone is rude to you and you go off on them then it tells more about you than the other person. Just because someone treats me wrong , does not mean that I am suddenly stripped of my crown, because I am the daughter of the most high and nothing will ever change that. So, next time someone treats you in a way that you don't agree with don;t be sad and don't act crazy. Instead, I challenge you to pray for them or kill them with kindness lol. Bye, and stay fierce!


Me in New York City with Elmo. When your with this guy you can't help but smile :P







No comments:

Post a Comment